Hogwarts The Uprising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts The Uprising

Seventeen years have passed, and the wizarding world is at peace, but not for long. Can you help?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team
Head Admin Katie
Top posters
Faye McGonagall
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Vote_lcapOh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Voting_barOh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Vote_rcap 
Archer Quinn
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Vote_lcapOh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Voting_barOh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Vote_rcap 
Garth Quinn
Calypso Avery
Dalnim Song
Viridia Grey
Jessica Cruz
Lazarus Slytherin
Lucas Blackwell
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:29 pm by Dalnim Song

» Gif game of fun
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:52 am by Viridia Grey

» Hogwarts Golden Age
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 4:11 pm by Dalnim Song

» Training (Open)
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 3:26 pm by Calypso Avery

» Visiting sweet shop (Open)
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:59 am by Jessica Cruz

» Garth Quinn
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 7:01 am by Faye McGonagall

» Welcome Home! (Garth) PG-13
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 12:55 am by Archer Quinn

» Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:43 pm by Garth Quinn

» Needing a Father
Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 am by Garth Quinn

Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archer Quinn
Slytherin Fourth Year
Slytherin Fourth Year
Archer Quinn

Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Empty
PostSubject: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Archer stood outside a shop, he didn't care to look which one. He leaned up against a wall, pushed up his shades to hide the blood red eyes he was cursed with, and lit up a smoke, taking a long drag. He needed to get out of the school for a while. People were overwhelming. But the food was nice. He put his headphones on and turned up his music. It was funny. Without the mysterious cash he received each month, he'd have nothing. Not a damn thing. He made a quick mental note that he'd thank the stranger if he was ever lucky enough to meet them.

Looking up, Archer saw a man. Somehow the man seemed familiar, but how. And sure as shit, the man was approaching him. oh, shit

Last edited by Archer Quinn on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garth Quinn
Garth Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 12:24 am

Garth wasn't usually this forgetful. In cursebreaking, it was hard to be, when any little detail could make or break the job, or ultimately cost lives. But that was the difference, he supposed. He actually had a reason to pay attention during cursebreaking; the last time he'd seen Archer, he was a stinking, rather useless baby, something that Garth didn't feel the need to pay attention to with his mother there to look after him. It wasn't until he checked some dates and did some quick calculations that he realized that the boy would be in fourth year at Hogwarts by now, if he was magical at all, reminding him of his promise to check up when the boy turned 11.

Now, Garth would be the first to admit that it was probably a crappy thing to do, forgetting your own kid, but he also wasn't really sure what he'd have done differently. Show up at age 11 and take him shopping? Yeah right, the kid had few reasons to like him and even fewer reasons to trust him. That would have gone over well. But he was curious to see how the kid had turned out, so he pulled a few strings to have a look at the Hogwarts roster, finding 'Archer Quinn' quickly. It surprised Garth that the kid hadn't taken his mother's name, but hey, maybe he wouldn't hate his old man so much after all. A few more Galleons in the right hands had netted him a picture.

It wasn't hard to spot Archer. He stood out like white paint on a mahogany table, with his pale features. Sunglasses concealed what Garth knew were red eyes, eyes that had unnerved him, even when Archer was just a baby. He made a beeline for the kid, too nervous to angle for subtle. "Hi," he said, sticking his hands in his pockets as he ambled up. "I'm Garth Quinn. Your father."
Back to top Go down
Archer Quinn
Slytherin Fourth Year
Slytherin Fourth Year
Archer Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 12:35 am

I'm Garth Quinn, your father

Archer heard a harsh laugh escape through his lips. "No offense sir, but I doubt I'm ever going to meet my father considering he has no interest in me at all and left me like a sack of dog shit on someone's porch." He spoke coarsely, taking the final drag of his cigarette and stomping it out on the sidewalk. He knew the man was serious, but he had fourteen years of spite to get out. "seriously, all joking aside. Who the hell do you think you are. Do you think she cared? The hooker? she was literally never home. I taught myself how to do everything. The only reason I am alive is some anonymous donor has been sending me money for years to buy clothes and food. What kind of father are you. Seriously."

Archer felt heat rising in his face. He was hurt. This was the man he waited his whole life to know. He was actually cool. Archer hated himself for wanting to hug this man. What. Why were his cheeks getting wet? Was he, Archer Quinn, crying. No. This couldn't be happening. But it was.
Back to top Go down
Garth Quinn
Garth Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:13 am

Garth rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Yeah, the kid hated him as much as he thought he would. It was news to him that the mother hadn't cared for the kid. Wasn't that ingrained in mothers? He thought he was leaving the kid in good hands, better than his at least.

What kind of father are you. Seriously.

"Well, a pretty shit one, to be honest. I don't exactly do the whole... loving, nurturing thing." He waved his hand dismissively. "Anyway, at least I sent money, so you didn't starve or anything, yeah? You've got clothes and such? It's not much, but it's something." It was the best Garth knew how to do. He himself had been raised by nannies and hadn't interacted much with his father until he was a grown man.

Suddenly Archer was crying which Garth 100% did not know how to handle. "Oh shit. Um. Hey, it's, uh, it's ok, yeah? No need to get all worked up." He patted the boy's shoulder awkwardly, hoping the waterworks would stop sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Archer Quinn
Slytherin Fourth Year
Slytherin Fourth Year
Archer Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 7:47 pm

"you're kidding me. You have to be. 'It's ok?'" Archer felt more anger rising into him. This man was a joke! Why did he even allow himself to have a child? "You really think leaving me was an okay thing to do?" The tears were soon accompanied by a lump rising in his throat "Do you even know what it's like to be all alone? Nobody ever taught me how to do anything! I learned through experience! See this?" Archer pushed the man's hand off his shoulder and rolled back his jacket sleeve and revealed a rather ugly burn scar on his right wrist and arm "Nobody taught me how to use the stove. I burned myself trying to cook because nobody was there to help me. I was six. six! but it's okay, right? you sent me money." He stepped back slowly and sat down on the ground "I guess you did teach me something though... In life, you have to care about only yourself, because if you don't do it, who will, right?" He asked the question more to himself, angrily wiping away his own tears, not wanting his father to think he was a baby. That was the last thing he wanted. He didn't want to upset him. Something inside him never wanted to be alone ever again. Part of him loved this man who was basically a stranger. At least he came back for him... right?
Back to top Go down
Garth Quinn
Garth Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Oops. "Uh, yeah, actually, that's pretty much all I got," Garth answered truthfully, shoving his hands back in his pockets. "Look, I have no idea how to do this. I already told you, this isn't really my thing. I'm flying the broomstick blind here. I have nothing else to say except I'm an utter bastard and that doesn't really help, now does it?" He shrugged philosophically. There was nothing he was going to say that would make this better, since it was at least half his fault (not that the kid's mother had helped.)

In life, you have to care about only yourself, because if you don't do it, who will, right?

"Well of course. Who else is supposed to have your back?" Garth was honestly confused. He might work with teams and play nice with others on occasion, but he also played both sides of almost everything he was involved with and he was the only person he knew who would save his skin. "Look, you have to stand up for yourself, because there isn't always going to be someone there to do it for you. If I did teach you anything, I'm glad it was that. That'll get you pretty far in life."
Back to top Go down
Archer Quinn
Slytherin Fourth Year
Slytherin Fourth Year
Archer Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Archer looked up at the man "But sometimes..... you need a parent to teach you how to be on your own." He lifted his glasses to wipe his eyes "Is there a reason you tracked me down?" Archer asked, hopeful for his dad to finally take him and do all the things he needed to know and just be his dad. That was all he'd ever wanted. He wanted to be hugged. He wanted love. He wanted to sleep in a bed that wasn't just a mattress on the floor. He wanted someone to make him food tht didn't taste like pure shit. He wanted his dad.
Back to top Go down
Garth Quinn
Garth Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:38 pm

"Yeah, yeah. When I, uh, when I left, I always meant to come back and see if you turned out magic or not. Came back a little late, I guess, but I did come back and... here we are. Wanted to see how you were holding up." What else did dads do? He already did money, lovey dovey time wasn't happening. They did... bonding shit, right? "Hey, so... you need anything? You want to go do something?" He gestured to the rest of the street. "There's... stuff to do here, I guess." He'd prefer to be on a yacht or a small cruise ship on the Mediterranean with a lot of women and some fine champagne, but he had the vague notion that he probably wasn't supposed to do that with a 14 year old.
Back to top Go down
Archer Quinn
Slytherin Fourth Year
Slytherin Fourth Year
Archer Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:01 pm

"I want you to hug me. I want you to act like a dad. And I want food. Because nobody taught me how to cook and I want a real bed" Archer stated his demands bluntly and held out his arms "You're my dad, so like, at least pretend you love me." He removed his shades and stared his dad right in the eye. Red on grey.
Back to top Go down
Garth Quinn
Garth Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:10 pm

O...kaaaay, the kid was very... forward. Garth wasn't much of a hugger, but he tried, wrapping his arms around the boy, despite the red eyes that still unnerved him after all these years. "I already told you I'm a pretty shit dad, but I can try, I guess. And... you can come stay with me, whenever you want. If that's all the time then, whatever, come all the time. I won't tell you that I'll always be there, because I won't. I wander, it's just what I do, besides the fact that I do it for my job. But there will always be someone there." He cleared his throat awkwardly, done with the emotions talk. "So, food, huh? That can be arranged. There are plenty of places to eat here. And after that, you can go pack up your stuff and you can come back to my place. Sound good?"
Back to top Go down
Archer Quinn
Slytherin Fourth Year
Slytherin Fourth Year
Archer Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Archer hugged back and clung to the man as if for dear life. It felt warm and he smelled like fancy cologne. It was nice. He was actually trying. And he said he could stay with him! He felt excitement for the first time in his life.

"let's eat at a nice place. I have never eaten fancy food and something tells me you can afford it"
Back to top Go down
Garth Quinn
Garth Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:43 pm

"Sure, sure. There's this place in London that has some really nice steaks. We can head there right now." He slung an arm around the kid's shoulders. (That was fatherly, right? He was being sort of father-ish?) "Let's go. Dare you to order the most expensive thing on the menu. I heard the price once gave a guy a heart attack. Actually, no, don't order that, I don't wanna die." They walked off into the distance towards The Leaky Cauldron through the door to dinner and beyond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)   Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, Calamity (Garth) (PG 13)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts The Uprising  :: United Kingdom :: Wizarding Area :: Diagon Alley :: Streets of Diagon Alley-
Jump to: